- Jan 8, 2018
- Fixes a bug where the `yavs:upload_date` meta tag would output an incorrect time.
- Fixes a bug where incorrect video metadata would be saved on multisite environments in combination with MultilingualPress.
November 27th, 2019
- Fixes a bug where a fatal error would be thrown when Yoast SEO was used in combination with another plugin or theme containing a class named `Date_Helper`.
- Added inLanguage property to the VideoObject schema piece.
March 4th, 2020
- Fixes a bug where YouTube videos would not be recognized, which meant that they wouldn’t be included in the XML Video Sitemap and the video settings in the metabox wouldn’t be available. You can re-index your YouTube videos with the Re-Index Videos button in the Video SEO options.
July 21st, 2020
- Fixes a bug where a PHP warning would appear when the video is removed from a page without removing the manually assigned video thumbnail from the meta box.
May 13th, 2020
- Fixes a bug where a last_fetched tag would be output for videos in the video sitemap.
April 28th, 2020
- No longer outputs an...
February 23rd, 2021
- Adds Yoast Video SEO to the Yoast sidebar in Elementor.
February 10th, 2021
- Changes the appearance of the Video metabox by implementing components that are used across all Yoast metaboxes.
- Adds the Video settings to the Yoast sidebar in the block editor.
- Makes the Video input for tags more intuitive.
- Introduces the ‘YouTube embeds’ option to make...
- Adds isPartOf to the VideoObject Schema output, referencing either the Article or the WebPage schema.
- Changes the uploadDate format of the VideoObject Schema output to yyyy-mm-dd, removing the time component.
- Sets the WordPress tested up to version to 5.7 and minimum supported WordPress version to 5.6.
August 10th, 2021
- Fixes a bug where a duplicate Video section would be shown in the Yoast sidebar in the post editor when Yoast SEO Premium is active in combination with WP 5.8.
July 13th, 2021
- Adds key/value pairs of all Video SEO meta tags to our REST API.
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 16.7.
- Sets the minimum required WordPress version...
- Adapts the Video body assessment for Japanese so that it counts text length in characters instead of words and applies different length boundaries.
- Bumps the minimum required Free version to 18.0.
- Sets the WordPress tested up to version to 5.9.
Download Yoast Video SEO 14.6Enhancements
- Updates the Schema manipulation to follow the new best-practice for the @id of the WebPage piece introduced by Yoast SEO 19.3.
- Sets tested up to WordPress version to 6.0.
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 19.3.
Download Yoast Video SEO plugin by Yoast 14.8
August 8, 2023
- Adds CLI command to index videos: wp yoast video index.
- Fixes a bug where a warning would be thrown on pages embedding a video which had been visited more than 30 days ago.
- Fixes a bug where Wistia videos would not be displayed correctly in a...