- Fixes a bug where a related keyphrase or synonym field containing a backslash or consecutive double quotes would be emptied when saving a post or term.
- Fixes a bug where backslashes would be removed from the Twitter and Facebook title and description when saving a term.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 10.0.0 see the core changelog.
February 12th, 2019
- Fixes a bug where translations would be rendered incorrectly.
February 12th, 2019
- Adds an “Ok” button to dismiss redirect notifications in the quick edit menu.
- Improves the Redirects table accessibility by removing a duplicate button.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 9.6.0 see the core changelog.
January 22nd, 2019
- Adds a validator to the redirect manager to check if the redirect origin is relative.
- Adds internal linking suggestions and insights for Swedish.
- Improves the error logging for certain types of errors in the prominent words analysis and internal linking suggestions.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 9.5.0 see the core changelog.
Content analysis recalibration (beta):
- When the recalibration beta is enabled a “Stale cornerstone content”-filter is added to relevant content types.
- Fixes a bug where admin-assets would be loaded on pages where they are not relevant.
- Fixes a bug where changing the slug of an inaccessible post type creates a redirect for that object.
- Improves the feedback given when importing redirects.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 9.4.0 see the core changelog.
November 21th, 2018
- Fixes a bug where editing a content type item (page/post) would result in a blank page (Fatal error) when the metabox is disabled for that type.
November 20th, 2018
- Fixes a bug where the internal linking box is shown for post types that has the Yoast Metabox disabled.
- Fixes internal linking button size in the document settings sidebar in Gutenberg.
- Fixes a bug where no redirect notification was shown in Gutenberg when the permalink was updated.
- Fixes a bug where the social previews won’t reflect the entered post/page title realtime.
- Adds additional context to the wpseo_premium_post_redirect_slug_change filter call.
- Improves an SQL query to perform better on sites with a lot of orphaned content.
- Fixes a bug where the activation warning would be incorrectly displayed on a sub-site within a multisite environment.
- Fixes a bug where a PHP warning would be displayed when php_uname has been disabled for security reasons.
- Fixes a bug where a PHP notice would be displayed when visiting a non-existing post.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 9.1.0 see the core changelog.
- Fixes a bug where the Gutenberg (v4.1) editor was partially hidden behind the metabox.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 9.0.2 see the core changelog.
October 23rd, 2018
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 9.0.1 see the core changelog.
October 23rd, 2018
- Implements support for word form recognition for keyphrases in English. This means that e.g. book will be recognized in the text when the keyphrase is books.
- Implements an improved algorithm for the keyphrase distribution assessment to check whether the keyphrase usage is evenly distributed throughout the text.
- The following assessments will also count synonym matches as keyphrase matches:
- Image alt attributes
- Keyphrase in introduction
- Keyphrase in meta description
- Keyphrase in subheading
- Keyphrase distribution
- The analysis for related keyphrases only shows assessments relevant for the specific keyphrase. It omits assessments that are non-keyphrase-related and assessments that should only be applied to the focus keyphrase.
- For the keyphrase density assessment, the upper boundary for a good score is higher when word form recognition is available, since in that case the analysis is able to pick up more matches.
- Fixes a bug where the insights analysis on the tools page would not work.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 9.0 see the core changelog.
October 9th, 2018
- Adds multiple keyword support for taxonomies.
- Adds synonyms to taxonomies.
- Adds the keyword distribution assessment for taxonomies.
- Fixes a bug where automatic redirects would be created for non-public post types.
- Adds the wpseo_premium_include_automatic_redirection_post_typesfilter to allow users to include more post types to create automatic redirects for.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 8.4.0 see the core changelog.
September 25th, 2018
- Fixes a bug where the automatic redirect notification was not shown when a post was trashed from within Gutenberg.
- Fixes a bug where the target of redirects from a subdirectory site to a path on the main domain were incorrectly disallowed.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 8.3.0 see the core changelog.
September 20th, 2018
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 8.2.1 see the core changelog.