We’ve made huge changes to the schema.org markup we output, adding multiple different types of Schema. Be sure to check our posts on yoast.com about this release!
- Schema changes:
- Adds Person markup for author pages.
- Adds WebPage markup for all pages.
- Adds Article markup for posts, with Person markup for the author.
- Changes the ‘Organization or Person’ section of the Knowledge graph settings to allow selecting an author that is the ‘Person’ that the website represents.
- Adds MySpace, SoundCloud, Tumblr and YouTube URL input fields to people’s profiles.
- Fixes an issue where the metabox would not display on term edit pages when running the development build of Gutenberg.
April 4th, 2019
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 10.1.3 see the core changelog.
April 3rd, 2019
- Fixes a bug where the license information from MyYoast is being saved aggressively, causing updates in MyYoast to take 24 hours to show up in the site
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 10.1.1 see the core changelog.
April 2nd, 2019
- Introduces recognition of grammatical forms for German keyphrases. This means that plural forms such as Häuser will be recognized if your keyphrase is Haus, for example. Doesn’t just work for those of you who have multiple homes by the way.
- Fixes a bug where the Internal Linking metabox would show a warning that not all posts were analyzed, while all eligible posts actually were indexed.
- Fixes a bug that impeded recognition of word forms for keyphrases on taxonomy pages.
- Removes all functionality that has been deprecated before Yoast SEO 6.1.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 10.1.0 see the core changelog.
March 19th, 2019
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 10.0.1 see the core changelog.
- Fixes a bug where a related keyphrase or synonym field containing a backslash or consecutive double quotes would be emptied when saving a post or term.
- Fixes a bug where backslashes would be removed from the Twitter and Facebook title and description when saving a term.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 10.0.0 see the core changelog.
February 12th, 2019
- Fixes a bug where translations would be rendered incorrectly.
February 12th, 2019
- Adds an “Ok” button to dismiss redirect notifications in the quick edit menu.
- Improves the Redirects table accessibility by removing a duplicate button.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 9.6.0 see the core changelog.
January 22nd, 2019
- Adds a validator to the redirect manager to check if the redirect origin is relative.
- Adds internal linking suggestions and insights for Swedish.
- Improves the error logging for certain types of errors in the prominent words analysis and internal linking suggestions.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 9.5.0 see the core changelog.
Content analysis recalibration (beta):
- When the recalibration beta is enabled a “Stale cornerstone content”-filter is added to relevant content types.
- Fixes a bug where admin-assets would be loaded on pages where they are not relevant.
- Fixes a bug where changing the slug of an inaccessible post type creates a redirect for that object.
- Improves the feedback given when importing redirects.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 9.4.0 see the core changelog.
November 21th, 2018
- Fixes a bug where editing a content type item (page/post) would result in a blank page (Fatal error) when the metabox is disabled for that type.
November 20th, 2018
- Fixes a bug where the internal linking box is shown for post types that has the Yoast Metabox disabled.
- Fixes internal linking button size in the document settings sidebar in Gutenberg.
- Fixes a bug where no redirect notification was shown in Gutenberg when the permalink was updated.
- Fixes a bug where the social previews won’t reflect the entered post/page title realtime.
- Adds additional context to the wpseo_premium_post_redirect_slug_change filter call.
- Improves an SQL query to perform better on sites with a lot of orphaned content.
- Fixes a bug where the activation warning would be incorrectly displayed on a sub-site within a multisite environment.
- Fixes a bug where a PHP warning would be displayed when php_uname has been disabled for security reasons.
- Fixes a bug where a PHP notice would be displayed when visiting a non-existing post.
- Includes every change in Yoast SEO core 9.1.0 see the core changelog.